For most people, the eyes are the most important of all our sensory organs. Having good vision allows us to enjoy the beauty of the world, to be independent, and enjoy a high quality of life.
As you may know, diabetes is the leading cause of vision loss for people in American. For this reason, optometrists are committed to early diagnosis and prescribing effective treatment in order to prevent diabetes-related blindness. To do this, our office has the latest in technology as we use Optomap—and ultra-wide image retinal image that is fast, painless and comfortable.
- Nothing touches your eye at any time.
- Recommend for all ages.
- To have the exam, you simply look into the device one eye at a time (like looking through a keyhole)
- You will see a comfortable flash of light to let you know the image of your retina has
- The capture takes less than a second.
- Images are available immediately for review.
- You can see your own retina.
- You see exactly what your eye care practioner sees – even in a 3D animation.
- Under normal circumstances, dilation drops might not even be necessary. Your eye care practioner will decide if your pupils need to be dilated depending on your conditions.
- When needed we will perform comprehensive, dilated eye exams and offer personalized treatment in order to manage diabetic eye disease.
We are dedicated to seeing that every patient gets the best possible care and service they deserve. For more information on diabetic management, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (949) 552-4271.