Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) is a non-surgical solution for patients suffering from myopia (nearsightedness) that uses specially designed contact lenses (like Paragon CRT lenses) to improve vision over time. When worn overnight, these contact lenses gently reshape the curvature of the cornea, resulting in a corneal shape that correctly focuses light onto the retina. When these lenses are removed in the morning, distant objects will come back into focus and patients can see clearly without the use of glasses or daytime contacts.
Our office has specialized in orthokeratology care for over 25+ years. We have successfully corrected patients of all ages to help eliminate the use of daytime glasses or contacts, as well as control myopia in young children.
Benefits of wearing Ortho-K lenses
- They are the most efficient way to slow down the progression of myopia.
- Offer great vision all day without needing to wear glasses or contact lenses.
- Offer great for active kids playing sports.
- Increased safety when worn at night due to the decreased chances of foreign bodies entering the eye.
- Are great for patients who have dry eyes or can’t tolerate soft contact lenses.
- Children as young as six years old have worn these lenses.
- No long term side effects.
How Do CRT Lenses Work?
- Corneal reshaping (orthokeratology) has been proven successful among patients as a visual aid by wearing the lenses at night which, over time, eliminates the need to wear glasses during the day.
- These lenses are also the only proven solution for myopia control.
- Research shows that images which focus on the peripheral retina prevent the axial length elongation of the eye.
- Because Ortho-K lenses focus the image on the peripheral retina, studies show that myopia may be controlled in young children.
We are dedicated to seeing that every patient gets the best possible care and service they deserve. For more information on Ortho-K Therapy, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (949) 552-4271.